How is a Development Centre different to an Assessment Centre?
Development Centres are similar in format to Assessment Centres but are designed to measure the competence of your existing employees and allow them to define their future development plans.
Our Development Centres are one or two days in duration and assessment exercises are tailor-made to correlate to the competencies required of specific job roles. We encourage the use of internal observers from your organisation and provide full training for this role to include the delivery of one to one feedback at the end of a Development Centre process.
Business Benefits of a Development Centre
- Development Centres provide accurate and reliable information about the strengths and weaknesses of your employees that are not otherwise observed
- Employees are able to undertake focused self-assessment and review as part of the assessment process
- Each employee gains precisely targeted development activities as a result of the process
- It allows for the objective comparison of employees
- Employees learn from their peers and have a useful development experience
- Performance levels of participants often improve once following a Development Centre
- Invaluable for supporting your succession planning and talent management processes