Development Centres provide an excellent way to evaluate employees against your organisation’s competencies. They use the same techniques and format as an Assessment Centre but rather than selecting talent a Development Centre is designed to develop talent.
What Is A Development Centre?
WHAT FORMAT DOES A DEVELOPMENT CENTRE TAKE?
Development Centres are observed assessment events designed to measure the competence of your existing employees and allow them to define their future development plans.
As the purpose is developmental, the atmosphere in a Development Centre is open and transparent yet suitably stretching and challenging to reveal potential. The process is not about individuals passing or failing, but instead has learning, self-awareness, identification of strengths and potential as its focus.
Our Development Centres are one or two days in duration and assessment exercises are tailor-made to correlate to the competencies required of specific job roles. We encourage the use of internal observers from your organisation and provide full training for this role to include the delivery of one to one feedback at the end of a Development Centre process.
Business Benefits of a Development Centre
- Development Centres provide accurate and reliable information about the strengths and weaknesses of your employees that are not otherwise observed
- Employees are able to undertake focused self-assessment and review as part of the assessment process
- Each employee gains precisely targeted development activities as a result of the process
- It allows for the objective comparison of employees
- Employees learn from their peers and have a useful development experience
- Performance levels of participants often improve once following a Development Centre
- Invaluable for supporting your succession planning and talent management processes