DCo deliver a one day Coaching Skills for Managers Programme which is tailored for your organisation.
The following objectives are an indication of what can be achieved. Exact content and outcomes are agreed with you to meet the needs of your organisation.
Coaching Skills For Managers – Objectives
As a result of a one day programme, your managers will:
• Understand how to use coaching in their role and identify what is required to make the culture one of continuous improvement
• Explore how to ensure the engagement of the person or team being coached
• Be introduced to coaching frameworks that support coaching conversations
• Practice questioning and listening skills within a coaching conversation
• Be able to use a number of practical tools to help them plan, undertake and review their performance as a coach
• Be able to provide feedback on performance and set appropriate targets with individuals as part of their professional development
When Should Managers Use Coaching?
• To develop employees in specific competencies
• To introduce a new system or process
• If you have a number of employees who could better meet their potential
• To increase the competency of a small group of individuals in a specific area
• To support an employee in acquiring new skills as an additional responsibility